Saturday, November 21, 2009

Keep on Keeping On, Accepting the Ax


This is the grim notice for far too many. Official unemployment over 10% for those who can be counted. Figure in the under employed, not getting unemployment insurance and just plain looking the number is even higher. As part of my Social Media 4 Job Search & Career Success weekly Internet TV show I started a 12-week series based on the Career Transition Workshop model with my social media insights added. You can watch an abbreviated show here. There were serious audio/video problems during the actual show. So I deleted it.

Twelve weeks from now I will return to Episode 1-Accepting the Ax and repeat the show before a live audience.

My first hand experience with CTW started in 1995 when I was laid off by my employer of 15 years when my significant other noticed a small ad in the paper and encouraged me to go. I was fortunate to have an encourager at this period of my unemployment. She helped me make the best choice possible and get out the front door and go to CTW.

I have attended CTW many times over the years to renew and reconnect with the most comprehensive 'how-to' program for career transition/search. Yes, you need to update your resume, get interviews, find jobs, network with others. But lacking the knowledge of effective and efficient job search, one wastes a lot of time. You can join me weekly at CTW Monday nights in Dallas. I am organizing car pool from the Plano, TX area.thumbnail.aspx?q=1424112813971&id=538ff8855cbdaeede5bc9b52b8d377c8&url=http%3a%2f%2fobsidianlaunch.com%2fTPEntrepreneur%2fgraphics%2flayoff.jpg

My Internet shows have been broadcast from Chuck's Westside Grill in Plano, TX since July 2009. But as a sign of the economy Chuck's is going out of business. Next broadcast will be at 12:47pm central time Friday, 11/27/09 [Black Friday] after Turkey Day from somewhere in Texas. I will let you know where if you would like to join the lunch crowd. Trying to find a place to have lunch and the show in the same place. More news later.

Posted via email from Doug's posterous

No comments: