Sunday, December 25, 2011

Kindle Fire was almost a lump of coal in HER Christmas stocking!!!

Buy-Kindle-Fire-300x300.jpg


It was a lump of coal...until I got connected into the home WiFi network.


SHE who cashes my paychecks was not going to be happy unless her systems administrator [aka he who takes out the trash] got it working soonest.


The last thing I did was to turn off my home wireless router and cable company Internet modem and when turned back on I powered up the Kindle Fire (KF) and it made a connection.  


The basic connection steps are not that difficult to follow and I did them without reading them first. When it didn't connect right off I reviewed various blogs and the Kindle Forum along with Amazon's instructions on making a connection. 


Since Santa Claus made this KF before the latest software upgrade came out, I downloaded the software to my computer then transferred it to KF with these instructions.  


Getting frustrated so I went to lunch (everything better after lunch).  That's when I tried the router/modem turn off/on step.  Bottom line:  I am not sure what finally made the difference in getting connected.


A review of KF forums and and others blogs shows there is no one solution to making the connection soonest.  


Merry Christmas and may you make wonderful connections in 2012.

Posted via email from Just Another Blog

No comments: