Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Day in the Life of the Internet [INFOGRAPHIC]

A Day in the Life of the Internet [INFOGRAPHIC]

The Internet is, by most scientific estimates, friggin’ huge.


While only about one-third of the world’s population is connected, the amount of data we generate and consume is likely to blow your hair back. Perhaps the best way to put all those petabytes in perspective is to look at what goes down in a single day.


How much “stuff” happens on the Internet every 24 hours? Would you believe that 294 billion emails are sent? That 2 million blog posts are written? That 864,000 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube alone? How am I supposed to watch all of that when I’m only on season one of Downton Abbey?


SEE ALSO: 10 Reasons Twitter Is Sexier Than Facebook



The infographic below, courtesy of MBAonline.com, breaks it down even further. Are you surprised by the data wasteland we are generating each day? What’s going to happen when the rest of the world gets online? Am I freaking out right now? I think I’m freaking out right now.








Image courtesy of

Sent from my iPad

Posted via email from Just Another Blog

No comments: